New Ventures Explorationist, Multi-Client & New Ventures - Oslo
CGGVeritas is the world's leading international pure-play geophysical company delivering a wide range of technologies, services and equipment to its broad base of customers throughout the global oil and gas industry. Our focus on performance and passion for innovation are powered by people and delivered with integrity.
New Ventures Explorationist, Multi-Client and New Ventures
The New Ventures Explorationist will provide Geological Evaluation and Seismic Interpretation to the Multi-Client and New Ventures team working in Nordic market covering Norway, Sweden, Iceland, Greenland, Denmark and Finland. In addition the New Ventures Explorationist will work with the Multi-Client data libraries and clients providing geological and geophysical expertise to fully recognize the value of the acreage both of existing data and new programs.
- Become competent in the Company's interpretation tools used, workflows, practices, MC data libraries and other data sources used.
- Identify and build strong relationships of trust with current and potential clients in the region. Understand their current and proposed exploration plans in conjunction with the Sales Managers.
- Assist the Sales Team in identifying potential evaluation studies that would add value to the clients in in making exploration decisions via new seismic surveys.
- Research and collate geological and geophysical data available for the identified basin/region. This may come from the Company´s MC library, the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NDP), public domain sources etc.
- Utilize industry standard geoscience software, interpret all available geophysical and geological data with a view to understanding the petroleum geology of the area. You will integrate all available 2D and 3D seismic in this interpretation and also review existing geological studies and reports to support and corroborate your findings.
- Generate geological reports detailing the prospectivity of a given area of interest.
- Assist in the preparation of justification documents for each MC project identified.
- Working closely with the MC/New Ventures Sales Managers as a subject matter expert. Attend client meetings and provide expert knowledge for the area of potential surveys.
- Continuously improve the value-of the geological analysis and report content to the client. Become known as the Subject Matter Expert and recognized within the Nordic region as such.
- Write and present papers (case studies, regional evaluation) at industry conferences and technical meetings for the Nordic Region. Be proactive in raising your own technical creditability as an Explorationist.
- Masters degree in Geoscience / Geology.
- 5+ years of experience
- Proficient in written / spoken english
- Ability to travel within Europe.
Place of Work:
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.